Wednesday, October 02, 2013

Back to Blog

Well, here I am again.  And it's about time (about 3 and a half years, to be precise-ish).  Despite the name of my blog, quite a lot has happened, so I'll give you a quick summary.

I was this...
Now I'm more this (but not every day)...


I did have a little boy...


He went and grew up...


Other stuff has happened too, but I don't want to exhaust all my post fodder in one fell swoop.

My main reason for starting up the blog again was a need to write about the changes that have happened to me over the past couple of years, quite self-indulgently, as a form of therapy and closure so I can move on - the italics signifying words I am very uncomfortable writing, and you're doubtless reading with some dread.  But, really, who'd want to read that?  Then I started reading some of my old posts, and I remembered the pleasure I used to get from writing them.  So I might slip into a bit of self-indulgence from time to time (after all, it is all about me), but I will endeavour to get back to the random, everyday blogging that worked so well for me way back when.  Don't hold your breath for my posts, though: it's no coincidence that they started to peter out once I was no longer a salaried employee - now I'm self-employed, I actually have to work for a living (but not every day)!  

4 Comments:

At 12:21 am, Blogger kittycakes said...

I love that photo of you and Tom so much. And, yes, a lot has happened! I can't wait to read about it all in more detail. :)

xx

 
At 12:38 am, Blogger MaryB said...

Be as self-indulgent as you want. I need to remember that with my own blog. The reason I started it was to clear out the stuff that kept rolling around in my head. I started trying to write for other people instead of me. You've inspired me! (And welcome back.)

 
At 12:42 am, Blogger Chris said...

Hooray! You're back! Funnily enough, I thought about writing something today but my head ached too much and it would have been, probably, feverish nonsense. Maybe tomorrow?

 
At 2:00 am, Anonymous Annie said...

Yeah !!Please do have a winge whenever,just remember you are blogging to friends and it makes me feel a lot better hearing it good or bad. I'm still stunned that Thomas is now a grown up person !!I feel like you're back, love you xxxxxx

Oh Crikey I'm being asked to read those squigly undeciable letters and chose an identity, I'm just going to wing it so this message probably won't arrive !!I don't know what it means but I'm preety sure I'm not a robot.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home